Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the fireplace

The fireplace face lift is happening this week! While I hope to have an update for you at the beginning of next week I thought I'd share a few pictures of the stone so you'll have an idea of what's to come!

Last week the stone was delivered- unfortunately I couldn't get out to photograph it fast enough..

But the pile was well protected from the elements.

We decided since the face was getting an update the hearth should as well. We've opted to go with a 2" piece of blue stone that's currently living in the garage.
I was told the stone would be moved into the house tomorrow to help the temperatures adjust. I'll try to post a few pictures as soon as it makes it's way into the middle of our living room.

Poor Henry isn't too happy we've moved around his furniture again but he's adjusting as well as can be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment