Sunday, March 7, 2010

painting the bathroom

Still elbow deep in latex paint. To be honest we've taken a few days off- painting is exhausting! I would write that I have a new-found respect for professional painters, but in all honesty, I've always thought really good quality painters have to have incredible talent and patience.

Recently I'd been feeling like the bathroom paint job just wasn't up to par- I thought it needed something else.
So on a whim I decided to try something a little different..
I taped a 3" border around the perimeter of the bathroom- thinking it would accentuate all of the great angles in the bath.
And I continued the grey wall color on the ceiling- creating a great detail that surprisingly added a little visual height to the room.
We're still needing new window and door casings and the light fixture is in the attic waiting to be installed, but it's already a huge improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment