Monday, June 14, 2010

let there be light

Finally we installed some light fixtures!  It's amazing what you get done inside when the weather is crummy.  Ok so we didn't really accomplish that much- our workspace (aka the driveway) was rained out, but considering these light fixtures have been sitting around the house for 5 months, it felt like a lot more.  I'm just thankful we don't have to jump over the boxes anymore..

We had to swag the bathroom fixture to allow clearance for the medicine cabinet to open..
A few touchups are needed but I'll get around to that.. eventually.

And it's amazing what a difference the sconces make in the living room.  They're a huge improvement over the holes in the wall I've grown so used to.  Not to mention the extra light was needed.

Next up we'll be installing the real mantel- I wrapped the old one in burlap because I just couldn't bear to look at the mint green molding anymore.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sconces by the fireplace. If you don't mind, please share where you purchased them. I am amazed at how great this house looks. I looked at it when it was on the market and thought it had real potential - you have done a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! It's been quite the project! The sconces are Visual Comfort (available to the trade only), but they can be purchased through Circa Lighting- they have a great website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete