Tuesday, October 6, 2009

the kitchen takes shape

I literally spent 2 hours yesterday designing our kitchen with the lovely Home Depot designers. I think I might have driven him a little crazy, but the truth is, I was trying desperately to make a very small space VERY functional. So just when he thought I had settled on a cabinet style I changed my mind and we were back to square one. I tried to charm him with my bubbly personality to make up for all of my switcheroos, but that only goes so far...

But in the meantime Ben was busy in the kitchen this weekend filling in the odd doorway that once served as a second entrance to the bedroom. I originally posted about it here.

Here's a review in pictures:
Ben removing the door frame

view from the kitchen side


Of course it wasn't as simple as just hanging sheetrock- Ben had to also cut and install a stud, but he did that when there weren't any cameras around to document his every move (aka I was in Manhattan).

And the end result:
view from the kitchen side

view from the bedroom side

You can see the stud on the picture above from the bedroom side.

He hung 3/8" sheetrock on the kitchen side but the bedroom side is still visible.. that's a project for another day. We were both eager to get the kitchen blocked in to help keep the dog on lock down- he's been quit the troublemaker lately..

No comments:

Post a Comment