Wednesday, September 9, 2009

hard at work

Unfortunately our lack of internet at the house has made it impossible for me to share all of our incredible progress with you. I really can't wait to post all of the pictures we've taken to document the work that has been done- so definitely check back next week for photos.
In the meantime a quick verbal update. My father in law Bob was up on Friday night to help kick start the work. He was so incredibly helpful and not just in the yard (he also did our closing for us). Since he and Ben started on Friday afternoon we've had a constant flow of neighbors swinging by just to tell us how wonderful the place already looks- the house has been vacant for years and just the small amount that has been done is really a huge improvment. But I must say this move is going to be a huge one for us- mostly because life upstate is proving to be very different than we're used to-
Henry discovered digging holes in the yard (much different than digging holes in the sofa). Ben and I are starting to realize that people don't just walk places (even though we live in an area where we can walk everywhere- town, restaurants, grocery store.. Hardware store!), it's much colder upstate- we've experienced many winters up here but the summers are cold too, and everyone is welcoming, more considerant and incredibly patient (my sister Dena stopped me on the phone over the weekend because she said I brought my city mentality upstate and I better watch it! It's definitely going to be hard to let that one go.) But with neighbors like these I'm thinking life up here is going to be pretty great.
Lucky for you you caught me at a good moment- we finally finished stripping the last of the wallpaper and I'm about to grab myself a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment